Visit the World’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Statue Of Unity.
Statue Of Unity - The Worlds Tallest Statue
Interesting Facts about Statue of Unity
- At 182 metres (597 ft), Statue of Unity, the colossal statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is the tallest statue in the world.
- Designed by Padma Bhushan recipient sculptor Ram V Sutar, construction of the statue began on 31 October 2014.
- The cost of Statue Of Unity is around Rs 3,050-crore.
- The project covers an area of 20,000 square meters, surrounded by a 12 square kilometer artificial lake.
- The statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel will be able to withstand earthquakes and wind speed up
to around 100 km per second.
- Materials used in making the world tallest statue;
- 2,500,000 cubic feet of concrete
- 5,700 tons of steel structure and 18,500 tons of reinforced steel rods
- 12,000 bronze panels covering the structure weighing around 1,700 tons
- Around 2.8 million visitors visits Statue of Unity every year.
Statue of Unity Location
The Statue of Unity, colossal statue of Sardar Vallanbhbhai Patel is located 3.5 km from a small town known as Kevadiya in Gujarat, India.
Distance from nearest cities;
- 25 km from the nearest city Rajpipla
- 90 km from Vadodara,
- 150 km from Surat
- 200 km from Ahmedabad.
The closest bus stop to the Statue of Unity is located in Kevadiya, with local transportation available from there to the Statue of Unity.