Kevadiya railway station is the nearest railway station to reach the statue of unity. On 17th January 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off 8 trains from the different regions of the country to reach Kevadia. It makes it easier for the tourist to reach the Statue of Unity and nearby places. These 8 regions include Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh‘s Pratapgarh, and Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa.
Among all these trains Jan Shatabdi Express which is on Ahmedabad to Kevadiya route has a vistadome tourist coach where travelers can enjoy an amazing view of the skyline. Below is the list of trains to reach Statue of Unity by train.
1. 09103/04 Kevadiya – Varanasi Mahamana Express (Weekly)
2. 02927/28 Dadar – Kevadiya Express (Daily)
3. 09247/48 Ahmedabad – Kevadiya Janshatabdi Express (Daily)
4. 09145/46 Nizamuddin – Kevadia Sampark Kranti Express (Bi-Weekly)
5. 09105/06 Kevadia – Rewa Express (Weekly)
6. 09119/20 Chennai – Kevadia Express (Weekly)
7. 09107/08 Pratapnagar – Kevadia MEMU train (Daily)
8. 09109/10 Kevadiya – Pratapnagar MEMU train (Daily).